Last updated: 11/02/2022
At Ningaloo Whale Shark Swim (NWS), the well-being of our guests and crew are at the heart of everything we do. Our tour COVID safety & vaccination protocols mean that we have implemented enhanced procedures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic so that you can tour with peace of mind. Our protocols not only comply fully with Federal and State Government and Industry standards, they go Beyond.
Our Vaccination Policy
All guests must be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of joining our tours. This same policy applies to our crew who are all 100% vaccinated.
All guests are required to produce:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- All children 16 and above must provide proof of vaccination or an approved medical exemption certificate
Acceptable Proof of Vaccinations are:
- COVID-19 Digital Certificate saved to smartphone with valid photo ID
- Printed copy of COVID-19 Digital Certificate with valid photo ID
- Printed copy of Immunisation History Statement with valid photo ID
- International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate issued by the Commonwealth
In all cases, you must be fully inoculated. This means you must receive the full dosage of the COVID-19 vaccine.
COVID-19 Cancellation & Refund Policy
Cleaning and hygiene practices
We have always had stringent and rigorous hygiene standards, cleaning procedures and health and safety practices in line with our COVID-19 Safety Plan. During this time, we have stepped our practices and procedures up even further. Our staff have been briefed and are trained on appropriate hand hygiene and sanitising practices.
All our operations have increased vessel, vehicle and room cleaning procedures and practices. Hard surfaces (such as tables, handrails, door handles, counters etc.) are all being cleaned regularly to minimise the risk. Where possible we have made additional hand sanitisers and cleaning stations available to our customers and employees to exercise good hand/hygiene practices. We have also placed hygiene communications in our vessels, vehicles, accommodation, food venues, shop fronts/counters/terminals from the relevant health authorities. Additional control measures we have put in place at Ningaloo Whale Shark Swim include:
- Wellbeing and temperature checks prior to crew and guests joining our tour
- Crisis control procedures in place throughout our tours.
What can you do to minimise the risk?
Practising good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best way to minimise the risk from COVID-19. You should:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, before and after eating, after going to the toilet, or touching commonly touched surfaces such as door handles, support bars etc.
- Cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues immediately and then wash your hands, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser on a regular basis.
- If unwell, avoid contact with others, defer your travel and tours plans, and immediately seek healthcare advice.
- Exercise personal responsibility for social distancing measures
If you are feeling unwell or want more information on the recommended personal control measures, visit www.health.gov.au
Ningaloo Whale Shark Swim maintains close relationships with Government and Health Authorities and any updates will be posted here.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have or if we can assist further.