Did you know?
Whalesharks are estrimated to live around 100 years, reaching sexual maturity around 30 years
UPDATE REGARDING NINGALOO WHALE SHARK SWIM AND COVID-19
We hope you and your loved ones are safe and well as we all navigate through these challenging times together.
At Ningaloo Whale Shark Swim (NWS), the well-being of our guests and crew are at the heart of everything we do. Our team is continuing to closely monitor COVID–19 developments and advice to ensure you receive the highest standard of service and care during this time.
On the 24th March 2020, following government travel restrictions and social distancing requirements, we had to cancel or provisionally cancel all our 2020 Ningaloo tours. Fortunately our Terms and Conditions are clear on how to handle this truly extraordinary situation. Guests cancelling due to Covid-19 before we cancelled have been or will be provided a full refund. Guests on tours that we had to cancel have either been rebooked onto another tour date or will be provided a repeat tour voucher valid for three years (that is sellable and refundable).
When will Ningaloo Whaleshark Swim’s tours recommence?
We are relaunching our tours from the 5th June 2020, contingent on the intra-state travel restrictions being removed by the State Government.
Can I book now, and what will happen if my tour needs to be cancelled?
We are now taking bookings on its Whaleshark and Humpback Whale swimming tours. Our first tour will be on the 5th June*.
All moneys from bookings after today’s date will be held in Trust until the tour occurs. You will be refunded in full for any such bookings that we subsequently need to cancel or delay. Other than this, our standard Terms and Conditions apply.
What if I want to cancel my trip?
We can reschedule your tour for you at any time up to 72 hours before your tour departs. Changes you want to make less than 28 days before your tour’s scheduled departure are treated under our Cancellation and Changes policy.
We do not charge a cancellation fee if we can resell your tickets before your scheduled departure - even if you cancel the day before your tour.
If we can't resell your tickets, our cancellation fees are:
- cancellations more than 28 days before your scheduled departure no cancellation fee charged
- cancellations between 28 and 14 days before your departure, cancellation fee of $40 charged
- cancellations from 14 to 7 days before scheduled departure, we refund you 80% of your booking value.
- less than 7 days before scheduled departure, no refund will be paid unless we can resell your tickets.
Again, the above only apply if we cannot resell your tickets after you cancel.
What are we doing to minimise the risk of COVID-19?
We have always had stringent and rigorous hygiene standards, cleaning procedures and health and safety practices. During this time, we have stepped our practices and procedures up even further. Our staff have been briefed and will be trained on appropriate hand hygiene and sanitising practices. We will continue to monitor these practices in accordance with the health advice to ensure we maintain these to the highest standards.
All our operations have increased vessel, vehicle and room cleaning procedures and practices. Hard surfaces (such as tables, handrails, door handles, counters etc.) are being cleaned more regularly to minimise the risk. Where possible we have made additional hand sanitisers and cleaning stations available to our customers and employees to exercise good hand/hygiene practices. We have also placed hygiene communications in our vessels, vehicles, accommodation, food venues, shop fronts/counters/terminals from the relevant health authorities.
Additional control measures we have put in place at Ningaloo Whale Shark Swim include:
- Reduced the number of guests per tour (so you will have an even more amazing experience swimming with a whaleshark) so social distancing can be maintained
- Wellbeing and temperature checks prior to crew and guests joining our tour
- Changes to how our tours are run to increase precautionary measures preventing the spread of COVID-19 during our tours
- Crisis control procedures in place throughout our tours.
What can you do to minimise the risk?
Practising good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best way to minimise the risk from COVID-19. You should:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, before and after eating, after going to the toilet, or touching commonly touched surfaces such as door handles, support bars etc.
- Cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues immediately and then wash your hands, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser on a regular basis.
- If unwell, avoid contact with others, defer your travel and tours plans, and immediately seek healthcare advice.
- Exercise personal responsibility for social distancing measures
If you are feeling unwell or want more information on the recommended personal control measures, visit www.health.gov.au
Ningaloo Whale Shark Swim maintains close relationships with Government and Health Authorities and will continue to monitor the situation. We will provide further updates via this page and social media when available.
We thank our guests for their understanding and look forward to being able to deliver unforgettable experiences following the recommencement of our services shortly.
Please email us at email@example.com with any questions you may have or if we can assist further.