Did you know?
Whale sharks have a broad distribution in tropical and warm temperate seas, usually between latitudes 30°N and 35°S
- Humpback Whale Swimming
- Whale Swim Watch and Wonder Tour
- What's The Difference?
- Whale Watchers Welcome!
- Whale Swim Guarantees
- Tour Itinerary
- What's Included?
- Keeping You Safe
- Humpback Whale Tour or Whale Shark Tour?
- What Our Guests Think
- When's The Best Time to Come?
- How To Swim With A Whale
- IMPORTANT : Real risk of missing out
- Essential Tour Info
- Info about Humpback Whales
- Humpback Whale Spotter Plane for Free
Industry Leading Whale Swimming Guarantees
Will I Swim with a Whale?
We unfortunately cannot guarantee you will swim with a whale on your tour. Why? We don’t choose to swim with a humpback whale, it chooses to swim with us. We are talking about a truly wild animal, in the open ocean, with the weather having a major impact too.
What We Can Guarantee
We guarantee that we have done everything we can before your tour, and will do everything we can during your tour, to maximise the likelihood you will swim with a whale. We are going to try, try and try again throughout your tour to make this happen. Each tour, every tour.
Across the industry, around 70% of guests onboard swam with a humpback whale during their tour. With the change of license conditions to allow us to swim with whale calves more than half the length of their mother, this success rate will increase substantially. And with our longer tour, more spotter plane time, experience and through-water communication units, our success rate is very likely to be higher than this again.
So what happens if I don’t Swim with a Whale?
OUR WORLD CLASS SWIM GUARANTEE
Ningaloo Whale Shark Swim is committed to looking after each and every one of our customers as well as we possibly can. Including when you don’t get to swim with a whale or a whale shark during your tour.
Our Whale Swimming Guarantees lead the industry, simply because we believe the right thing to do is to look after our customers as well as we possibly can across everything we do.
If you don’t get to swim with a whale…
- We will be doing everything we can to get you swimming with a whaleshark instead... which isnt too bad a fallback position!
- If you don't swim with a whale or a whaleshark, you can come out again on our next available tour to try again for just $100 standby
- Or you can come out on our next whale shark tour instead for just $100 on a standby basis
- Or you will get a "$100 Off" voucher that you can use on any of our tours, and that you can gift or sell to someone else too.
Our Bad Weather and Minimum Numbers Guarantees still stand, where you receive a full refund if we have to cancel a tour due to either Bad Weather or we don’t have the minimum number of passengers needed to cover the costs of the tour.
Bad Weather Guarantee
If bad weather means you can't go out on your scheduled tour, you will be rescheduled onto the next available tour free of charge to try again.
If you have to leave town before this is possible, we will issue you a Whale shark or Humpback Whale Tour Voucher valid for three years that is sellable or transferable AND give you an extra $100 towards your return flights or fuel when you book you redeem this voucher. (Not available to the purchaser if you choose to sell the voucher.)